Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday

This is the quilt I've been working on as a surprise for dh since Aug. 2010 according to a blog post from way back when. I had set it aside because I didn't do some of the corner squares correctly. I had hoped to finish the whole thing before dh had gotten back from his trip but being sick messed up that plan. It's sandwiched, partially machine quilted in the black squares and the grid of the border and the binding is made. I decided I wanted to do some hand quilting, so I'm doing the batiks in variegated threads. It's on the hoop right now, that's why I don't have a current picture. I'm hoping to have it all done by the 26th. It's slow going though, trying to work on it when dh isn't around. I'm a couple of days behind on posting every day but I do have a few posts started so there are likely to be a few days with multiple posts. In the meantime, you can check out other design walls at Judy's blog.

1 comment:

AnnieO said...

Really beautiful colors! This looks like a nice big quilt that is sure to be beloved :)