Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday-ish

Ok, I know it's not Monday but around here, close enough works.

I didn't get everything I wanted to done last week, so I still have to repair Z.'s quilt, make a few more bags and get the kids pj pants made.




I did, however, finish 5 of these bags and a few crocheted squares for a baby blanket.

I have a tendency to be overly ambitious in my plans and very bad at know how long my projects will take. I'm not the greatest housekeeper but in order to keep this family of 7 going, a certain amount of work has to be done each week. Add to that time cooking and homeschooling and it doesn't leave a lot of time for sewing. I'm so impressed with other moms that get lots done. That's just not me.

I'll try again this week to fix Z's quilt and I'm looking forward to getting some of the blocks for the blocked rainbow quilt done.



We ended up getting a surprise snow fall yesterday. None of the weather sources saw it coming and even when it was falling they kept saying "no accumulation". Our "no accumulation" ended up being over an inch of nice sticky snow perfect for snow ball fights and snow forts. The majority of it fell during our first hour and a half of co-op class so my two little guys kept coming down and giving us updates nearly every 5 minutes. We even ended up canceling the rest of the class day so that no one would be on the untreated road after dark. (We usually do our classes from 3-6:30.) Anyway, the kids had fun while waiting for their parents and enjoyed having a snowball fight with their teacher. (me) The crazy thing is Friday we had a high of 65! I'll take 65 over snowy days unless I don't have to be out in it, which is nearly impossible with small children. H. is only 4 and still has to have me or dh out with him.



When dh retires, I'll happily move to Florida, Arizona or Kish, but my kids keep asking to move to Minnesota- just for the winter!

No comments: