Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Patterns everywhere

Ok, I'm one of those people who sees patterns or pictures all over the place. I'll look at the leaves or bark of the tree and search for faces or forms. Have you ever tried that? Sometimes, you have to let your vision go a little blurry but most of the time, if you look closely enough you're sure to find some. It's kind of like the optical illusion pictures where you see an old woman or a young woman, two vases or two faces, etc.




I also tend to eat my M&Ms is color patterns. Ya know- green, orange, green or red, red, blue, red, red, blue. I'm weird, I know. Anyway, one day I had grabbed a handful of mini M&Ms and eaten a few without paying much attention. I set the rest down to type something, then looked back down and noticed that they fell into a perfect set of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, each in a different color. See? (Of course, I arranged them for the picture.)



BTW, finding the mini M&Ms in the bulk section of Wegman's grocery store probably has a lot to do with why I gained weight. Before I found them, I wasn't losing but at least I wasn't gaining either. But a girl's got to have her chocolate!

In part, because of hurting my foot on the treadmill, I went swimming for the first time in over a year and the same morning took my first ever water aerobics class. I had been swimming laps and doing some other exercises for a good 45 minutes and noticed that there were quite a few older people arriving as I was getting ready to go. One of the ladies, who had been in the pool about the same time as I had suggested that I stay for the class. Since dh was watching the kids and it was still kind of early in the morning, I changed my mind about leaving and decided to stick around. In my head, I was thinking that the class couldn't possibly too hard since most of the participants looked to be over 65, so doing the class on top of what I had already done would be no problem. Yeah! Apparently, you get out of if what you put into it and since you stay cool in the pool, you don't necessarily notice how hard you're working. That is until you get out! By the time the class was finished, my arms felt like spaghetti. By the end of the day, my whole body was sore. But, I found something I really enjoy doing and, at least for the next few weeks before Ramadan, I plan on hitting the early morning class on days when dh works from home.

No comments: