Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday





Ok, ok. I know it's Tuesday. But, in my defense, I was out most of yesterday.

And I actually have something to show. Yippy! I got the "boxes" finished for the Bottled Rainbows quilt. Come to think about it, I think I'll rename my Boxed Rainbow. It seems to fit better. Now I have to cut the batting and start picking out scraps. I'm hoping to finish one or two squares per week. It's a quilt as you go design as well as machine applique neither of which I've never tried before. I don't know how much I'll like the process but I do like the colors all together.



I finally got a picture of the shirt I made for Z. I told you the print was kinda in your face. You can't really tell in the picture but it's got glitter all over it too.



Here's an example of the summer pants I make for the girls. It's just a simple elastic waist design with pockets. The girls both really like picking out the fabrics each year and wear them constantly so I know they like them.



These pants are one of Z.'s choices. Often when she chooses fabric, I really question her decisions, but most of the time they look pretty good on, so I've learned to hold my tongue and trust her choices. This fabric was one of those times, but it's really grown on me and I'm considering looking for more so that I can make a shirt out of it. This would definitely be stepping outside my comfort zone since almost every shirt I own is a solid color.

R. and H. have asked for pairs of their own and picked out flaming soccer ball fabric and camo lizards so I guess those are on the agenda for this week.

If you haven't already, check out the other design wall posts on Judy's blog.

No comments: