Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Design Wall/Window Sill



Ok, I know it's Tuesday, but better late than never! ;)

I finished the lime green block for my Boxed Rainbow quilt. Next up is the dark blue or maybe the red. I haven't decided yet. Sorry about the blurry picture.



I, also, have to make myself a new swimsuit. The elastic in the fabric is shot so that it's way too loose now. That's not surprising since I made the suit more than 3 years ago. I want to redesign it as well since the skirt gets annoying when I'm trying to do the water aerobics class. I think I'm going to cut it more like a long, slightly fitted t-shirt. Z.'s due for a new one as well. Her's has faded from a nice blue to almost silver and it's starting to get too small.

We took the kids swimming a few times last week and H. has finally learned to enjoy the water. He used to scream if you made him get in the pool but Sun. he didn't want to get out after more than an hour. It looks like after Ramadan we'll be spending lots of time at the pool.

We went to Six Flags on Thurs. which was fun despite the heat. The kids had earned free tickets for the Read to Succeed program, I got a free ticket as their teacher so that only left having to get a ticket for dh. We went in the afternoon and rarely encountered any lines. The nice part was that there were plenty of rides for my two little guys unlike Sea World where they were too small for most of the rides. We enjoyed so much that we're considering season passes for next year. It's less than an hour and a half from here. The only downside is that they don't allow you to bring any drinks into the park, which leaves buying bottled water at $3.50 a piece or using the one water fountain we found that provides warm water (not exactly refreshing on a hot summer day). I understand them not wanting you to bring things into the park but they could at least have a few more water fountains with cool/cold water.

Well, I'm off to get busy on my suit. Check out the other Design Walls at Judy's blog.

No comments: