Monday, January 25, 2010

Design Wall Monday


I don't have anything new up on the design wall/floor but I did finish one of the two baby quilts. I wanted to have it done before a meeting we had which would be the last the mom-to-be would be a part of before she was due. The meeting was to start at 1 and I finished the last stitch in the binding at 12:55. Nothing like cutting it close! Fortunately, the meeting was at my house so I didn't have to factor in travel time. Unfortunately, the meeting was at my house and I didn't get much of a chance to clean up. Oh, well! All of the attendees were moms or kids. The kids didn't notice-they just wanted to be with their friends. And the moms understood, especially when I told them that H. had decided that 2 a.m. was daytime and couldn't be convinced otherwise until 5:30, then R. was at my bedside before 8:30 ready for breakfast.

The second baby quilt will be the black and white log cabin but it will have to wait a bit. The trip to the water park is in less than 2 weeks and I still have to make the girls' swimsuits, so those take top priority for what little sewing time I have. I can always hand quilt the log cabin on the trip.

If you want to check out more design walls, stop by Judy's blog.

No comments: