Thursday, January 05, 2006

Laundry at 3 a.m.

Yes, last night I was up at 3 a.m. doing laundry. It seems my kids managed to produce 3 loads of laundry in 2 days. Don't ask me how. I still can't figure it out. Granted my washing machine here holds smaller loads than I was used to in the U.S. but I'm now doing an average of 2 loads every 2 days where I used to do about 5 loads a week. I know it doesn't help having an 8 month old who is such a drool machine that can soak a shirt in less than an hour but baby clothes aren't that big. As for mine and hubby's clothes, I've now finished two loads and so far there are only 5 articles of our clothing. How in the world do moms of really big families manage? There's one mom of 8 that has an unschooling blog which led me to start my own blog. Maybe I could ask her since her family includes little children. I can't imagine how our foremothers used to manage. I had a great, great, great, great grandmother who had 26 kids according to family lore. Imagine her laundry day or any mealtime! God bless her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laundry - it's a neverending story! I have 6 children, although only 5 living at home aged 2, 11-16 and we have 3 loads EACH DAY!!! Don't ask me how - but it seems that's all I do - wash, hang, sort and fold! I only do my quilting if I can get away without doing any housework for a while LOL.