Monday, December 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday


Only a little more time left until the end of the year. I'm happy to say that I finished the Log Cabin Baby quilt and actually got it to the mom within days a finishing. This is particularly surprising since we don't see each other that often but I decided Saturday to keep the quilt in the car with me from now on just in case and, lo and behold, I saw her Saturday night!



Yesterday, I finished the machine quilting on Rooty Tooty. I had originally planned to use this as a couch throw, then S. claimed it as soon as the top was finished. It's a little bit of a weird size (52"x 73")since I was just playing and was going to use it for the couch, but it should be alright for S.'s bunk bed. While I was quilting it, dh tried to stake a claim to it so he and S. kept teasing each other the whole rest of the day about who was going to get to keep the quilt. I still have to make the binding and attach it before either of them gets it. I've got two Dr. Who DVDs coming from Netflix tomorrow which will be perfect for getting the handwork binding done.




If I finish that this week, then I'll work on one of the twin quilts from my UFO list. They both need borders to finish the tops and I'll have to piece a backing for each. I have yellow borders cut for them but I found out the twins really like pink so I have to decide if I'm going to frame them in pink or just stick with the yellow. If I'm super good, maybe I'll be able to get those finished (at least to the binding phase) by the end of the year.



I, also, have a scarf for the Special Olympics to finish up. H. kept trying to stake a claim to it, so I'll have to make one for him as well. The colors for this year's Special Olympics' scarves are perfect for a scarf for H. since his coat is navy blue with a red lining. I love serendipity!

Check out more design walls on Judy's blog.

In case you're wondering about what happened with the cut quilt, I told A.'s mom. She talked to her and A. still claims she didn't do it. We have a policy in this house that if you don't see it happen, don't blame anyone, so I've decided just to drop it but keep an eye on her from now on.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You've been busy! So many cool projects. Your baby log cabin is sweet.

Kate said...

Love the baby qulit. The pink with the black and white is a nice combo.

zedon said...

Believe me, waking them up wouldn't be a problem in thesebunk beds for 4 kids. You will always find children eager to get down through the slides in the morning.

Heather said...

All of your projects are so beautiful! Love that scrappy Rooty Tooty quilt!

I also wanted to let you know, since you expressed an interest, that I got the signup post together for the Better Home Challenge today. Hope you can join me! :o)

http://needles-and-pens.blogspot.com/2011/12/better-home-challenge-for-2012.html