Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday


Ever here the phrase "The best laid plans of mice and men, oft do go awry."? It was a favorite of my mom's and very apropos of this past week.

The only thing I managed to get done was the quilting and delivery of the first of the two quilts. (purple) I was all ready to get everything done quick and set up on the dining room table to get quilting on Tuesday only to have Z (dd2)come down with a stomach virus which resulted in short bouts of quilting between understandably long periods of taking care of her. I promised to deliver the quilt by Wed. so spent most of the day, after regular clean up, to get it finished. Delivered the purple late Wed. afternoon (1 1/2 hr. drive round trip), came home and decided I was done for the day. Thursday dawned with M (ds1) complaining about not feeling so great. By mid-morning, I was in the same boat. Called dh and asked him to skip his after work exercise. So glad I did. He arrived at almost the exact moment both M and I really started on the roller coaster of this bug. By the end of the night, all of the boys were sick! It made for a very eventful night trying to keep up with everyone. Thank God, dh was home. I don't know how I would have managed without him especially since I was so sick, too. The saving grace of this illness is that it's short-lived and the littlest guys bounced back so quickly. Not to mention that S (dd1) and dh haven't come down with it. M and I are still not feeling 100% but good enough to get on with life.

That means that the batik quilt has to get done this week! I still have to widen the backing, sandwich it and quilt it. I'll let the woman that's coordinating deal with the binding. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time now.

That's what's on my design wall. Go check out other design walls at Judy's blog.

2 comments:

Marti said...

No fun at all to have a house full of sick kids and then being sick yourself. Feel better soon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thats just not right - all of you getting sick. Glad you are feeling better and hope you get back into your plans!