Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Days




This is picture of the little guy after the first surgery. It was done laproscopically so he only had two little cuts (only about 1/2 inch each) under his diaper and a bandage over his belly button. The second surgery left him with about a 2 1/2 in. scar on his stomach. I'm hoping since he's so little that it will fade in time. Besides the scars you'd never know anything had happened to him. He's as active as ever and has even started walking.

We're in the last few days of Ramadan and gearing up for Eid on Wednesday which means buying new dresses for the girls and and dress shirts and pants for the boys. I've already bought them some small gifts and on Eid we'll take them to Chuck E. Cheese as a surprise after the masjid. We're hoping the make a big present out of going to see their grandparents. We've got the tickets reserve but still have to get them. If all goes well, that means I won't be around until about mid-November. (unless I get a chance to post again before we go) I'm hoping to get at least one quilt top made while we're gone if I can get the pieces cut before we go. I'm pretty sure I'll have time to work on it since we'll be hanging out with the relatives and I can hand piece it while everyone chats and plays. I'm planning on doing a sampler in black and batiks while blocks from a quilt a-long at crazy mom quilts but switching one block out to use a star block from Judy's latest BOM at Patchwork Times.

Between preparing for Eid (shopping, gift wrapping, cookie baking and house cleaning), packing, quilt prep and the regular chaos of running a 7-person household I don't think I'll have much time for anything else right now. Speaking of chaos, the little guy has dumped his bowl of (dry) Cheerios all over the floor and is having a mini-meltdown so I've got to run.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments: