Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Changes


Well, it seems there's never a dull moment around here.

It looks like we will be heading back to the states in the next 2-3 months. It's funny how life keeps you guessing. I figured we would be here for a good bit longer. The court hearing for the apartment resulted in another court date in a couple of weeks which will probably lead to another court date, so that's unresolved. My fil is not doing well mentally, and is now experiencing more frequent bouts of confusion. Despite various efforts, I never did get any more students. (I've actually lost one. Not a great loss since mom never managed to pick her up on time so I was often stuck "babysitting" for 30 min. or more.)

Despite all of this, I felt pretty sure that this was where we were supposed to be, at least for the sake of the kids. DH has actually been the one going back and forth about whether or not to stay. His indecision caused me to question my feelings as well. We decided that since we couldn't come to any conclusions on our own, it was time to ask what God's will for us is and that lead us to the decision to return. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of moving and starting over again. We'll be heading back to northern VA where we were before and where are friends are but we're still on the fence about buying v. renting and where exactly. I suppose the housing market will decide that for us.

Wish us luck!

The picture has nothing o do with the post. It's the view of the rooftops across the street from our hotel room in Dubai.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Big changes wow. I have learned one thing in my 51 years, listen to God, let His plans be your plans.
Many blessings to you and your family as you make such a transition. Keep us posted friend !

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand your moving dilemma. We've gone through the same thing ourselves. We dearly want to move back down south, but we have so many things to consider, not the least of which is medical and therapy services for our son with Down Syndrome and a serious heart and bowel condition. We know we will move, but it's a matter of timing. Sometimes we are too impatient, and God has His own timetable :-) I wish you all the best over the coming months.